Sunday, January 27, 2019

What Is This Place?


I reckon that since you've stumbled upon this blog and have been hopefully moved (or angered) by something here, you're probably wondering "Who is this guy?"  and "What is the meaning of all this?" So I thought that I'd write this as an answer to those questions and an introduction to this blog in general.



I'm Joe, a college student majoring in cyber-security and minoring in creative writing. I write poetry and what I'd call poor man's philosophy.

I'm not a part of any religion, yet I have no problem with them so long as they treat their members and others fairly. However, I am at least a little bit spiritual. I pray over my food and meditate daily. I do believe that there are things out there that we cannot grasp, but I do not deny established science unless given a good reason to.

And when it comes to others, I don’t care what you believe as long as it doesn't hurt you or anyone else.

I record two podcasts (that are alive but not necessarily well) and run another blog which I update daily. My other blog is a personal journal with pop culture references and jokes sprinkled in for variety. But it's read by at least nine people daily. I figured if I could share something more substantial with just half that amount of people at the same rate, I'd be making a positive change in the world.

That said, the reason I started this blog is simple. I want to share my opinions and findings on the world, and the human condition with the intention of positively affecting others.

Even if I only reach one person a week, I'll still be making a change in the world.

An indeed minute, but positive change.

And that's what I'm here for...

No comments:

Post a Comment