Tuesday, July 25, 2023

Forgetting The Difference Between Action and Motion

Nike was spot on with their slogan.

I read Atomic Habits. And throughout the two months since I've finished that book and moved on to different things, I've forgotten the biggest and most important lesson from the book. Action ain't the same thing as motion. 

Obsessive planning is just advanced procrastination. Fuck the plan, get out there and do it, get some feedback and then make a plan.

I've messed this up with many, many different areas in my life. I've read a book on dating and have watched tons of videos on that shit but how many dates has sitting around strategizing and reading gotten me?

0. 

How many dates did flying by the seat of my pants and talking to random people get me?

Like three or four.

My point is made. Strategy isn't useless, but it's important to remember that it's nothing without actually practicing. And the only way to do that shit is to do it.
Not to wite about doing it. Not to talk about doing it. Not to plan to do it.

But just to fucking do it.

No comments:

Post a Comment